tinc distributes IP address information to VPN nodes

Nin Lil'izi nin-lil-izi at phoenixhaven.net
Mon May 7 12:53:05 CEST 2012

Not sure if it's the same thing as you asking for.
But I've recently been bugging guus every so nicely for socks support
just for stuff like this.
Check it out a recent git pull

Using socks you can easily run tinc over other carriers, say like Tor.
Setup your super sekret node that nobody must know the location on as a
Tor hidden node and then you can let clients connect to the sensitive
node/nodes via Tor.
Or course, Tor is only a single example. There is an entire pile of
various anonymising toys out there that become accessible via the
recently added socks support.

The nature of the full automatic meshing which Tinc supports however.
You can't do that as is, without exposing end-point identity...
Otherwise you'd not be able to do the automatic direct connections that
are one of Tincs primary functions.

It's a VPN. not an anonymizing transport... The 2 are rather different
beasts... However as I suggested above if you engage in a little
creative use of Tor over socks you can do VPN /over/ anonymizing
Transport of your choice :3

TunnelServer=yes and only peering individuals with the server as guus
suggested above would also work.

Regards,
/Nin lil'izi/

GPG Fingerprint: C510 909B 811E D6F5 0DFF 5D91 CF03 8FEA FD69 4622
 .
..: