Tinc 1.0.17, switch mode and IPv6: set DecrementTTL = no

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Fri Mar 23 12:44:14 CET 2012

moin!

Am Donnerstag, 22. März 2012, 17:14:55 schrieb Guus Sliepen:
> I just tried to reproduce this and it appears the DecrementTTL option
> introduced in tinc 1.0.17, which defaults to "yes", causes neighbor
> discovery to fail. This might be the cause of your problems. So try to add
> this to your tinc.conf files:
>
> DecrementTTL = no
>
> And let me know of that solves the problem.

Lately, I experienced problems in my setup, too. I’ve got a very simple
network with one central server and one, sometimes two clients connecting to
it. I didn’t have the time to investigate, but after reading this, I tried to
set this option to "no". Now everything works fine, again.

Is this considered a bug? Is there a work-around or something I can provide in
the package of tinc, so other users might not run into this issue, when
upgrading? I can’t think of a way to force this option into user’s config
files, when they do an upgrade. Neither do I have a clue, how to communicate
this.

bye then
julian