NFS4 over tinc hangs

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Mon Mar 12 23:04:01 CET 2012

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus-BTH8mxji4b0 at public.gmane.org> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing system hangs when running NFSv4 over a tinc VPN. I
> don't know if the problem is with NFS or tinc and would appreciate any
> suggestions on how to narrow down the culprit. Unfortunately I cannot
> simply run NFS directly over TCP -- the participating systems are
> connected only over an open network.
[...]

This issue has turned out to be an NFS problem, see
http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c878vj7x6mj.fsf%40vostro.rath.org%3e-
for details.

However, I would still like to use tinc's switch mode instead of proxy
ARP, but couldn't quite get it to work yet (details in my previous
email).

Best,

   -Nikolaus