netname by id - possible?

Jan Lühr tinc at stephan.homeunix.net
Tue Jul 3 10:49:47 CEST 2012

Hello,

Am 03.07.2012 um 10:39 schrieb Guus Sliepen:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:31:21AM +0200, Jan Lühr wrote:
>
>> short one: If a server is running multiple networks - is it possible to assign networks by host-id?
>> I mean:
>> Node supplies id A on handshake -> netwerk abc
>> Node supplies id X on handshake -> network xyz
>> etc.
>
> No. Why would you want to do this anyway?

Consider a set of gateway-nodes running different networks. Each network is bridged to a different vlan.
Eg:
network A -> vlan 1000
network B -> vlan 1001
network C -> vlan 1002

In this scenerio a client-node has to choose its vlan by using a certain tcp / udp port. This requires new configuration to be distributed, if vlan changes occur.
However I'd prefer to manage these vlans on the gateway-nodes only.

Keep smiling
yanosz