Tinc 1.1pre3, 1.1pre4 hangs after some time, on win32 platform

fantomtk fantomtk at yandex.ru
Fri Dec 7 08:27:33 CET 2012

Dear tinc members!

 Recently I ran into some problems when trying to test the new tinc 1.1 builds under windows. The main problem is that the tincd daemon randomly hangs (usually in first 1-3 minutes after start). Sometimes it happens quietly, and the log does not display anything. But from time to time, there are bunch of decryption errors ("Error while decrypting: error:06065064:digital envelope routines..") before the actual hanging

 I've alerady tried to recreate all config files (including encryption keys) for both sides, and minimizing them by remove all unnecessary things. Here is the current configs:

Side 1:

tinc.conf

Name = client
ConnectTo = server
Mode = switch

Side 2:

tinc.conf

Name = server
ConnectTo = client
Mode = switch

host configs contains only Address=XXX and the crypto keys as shown below:

Address = wan1.ourdomain (wan2.ourdomain for other side)

-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
(cut)
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
ECDSAPublicKey = (cut)

PS: tinc 1.0.19, which runs in our production environment runs perfectly with same configs on the same machines

I'll appreciate any help or advice on that problem!
Thanks in advance