NetworkManager and tinc

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Wed May 25 22:54:03 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 09:10:50AM +0200, Guus Sliepen wrote:

> 3 & 4. There is indeed no way currently to have tinc read its public and
>    private keys from anything else but its own configuration files.

Actually, I just checked and the following works fine:

tincd -n <netname> -o PrivateKeyFile=/dev/stdin < rsa_key.priv

So if there is no objection to having the public keys stored in plain sight on
the filesystem, then the only thing missing in tinc 1.0.x is the control
interface to get runtime information.