tinc in sslh

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Jul 24 09:33:47 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 08:02:47AM +0200, Claudio wrote:

> few days ago I have installed sslh on my server and I discover that
> recently OpenVPN support was added.
> Reading the code I found that sslh use the first few bytes of the new
> connection to decide what kind of connection it is, than it muxes the
> connection on the appropriate deamon.
>
> There is a "sign" for the tinc connection?

Yes, the first thing sent by both sides of the connection is an ASCII string
that looks like this:

0 name 17

You can see it when you telnet to tinc's port.  Where name is the Name of the
node that sent it. So, you might use "0 " as an identifier. Also, the "17" is
the protocol version number, it can change.