tinc problem with windows

Siavash Sameni siavash.sameni at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 08:52:46 CEST 2010

Hi ,
today i was trying to connect my windows 7 client to my tinc server
and i ran into a strange problem :)
my tinc server is running tinc 1.0.11 on ubuntu 10.04 in switch mode ,
and the windows client is running tinc 1.0.13,
there is a very strange problem ,
i tried to connect the windows system , i configured it , and it
didn't work , so i ran it in debug mode -D -d5 , and it told me:
Got ARP request from buyvm (x.y.z.c port 655) while in router mode!
so i looked at the config again , and noticed that i mentioned Mode = switch
actually it looks like this :
Name = sepehrpc
ConnectTo = buyvm
Interface = VPN
Mode = Switch
so i decided to put my server in router mode , i put it to router mode
, and everything worked , but then my other client ( ubuntu 10.04 32 ,
tinc 1.0.11) failed to connect .
though i set it on router mode . can anyone help me ?
here's my ubuntu's configuration :
Name = manwedesktop
ConnectTo = buyvm
Device = /dev/net/tun
Mode = switch
PrivateKeyFile = /etc/tinc/vpn/rsa_key.priv

i also should mention that all the clients are using TCPOnly = yes .

the server's configuration looks like this :

Name = buyvm
Device = /dev/net/tun
Mode = switch
PrivateKeyFile = /etc/tinc/vpn/rsa_key.priv

any help would be appreciated ,
many thanks in advance.