Windows subnets

Donald Pearson donaldwhpearson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 17:36:28 CEST 2010

The PCs that you want to participate need to have a route for the VPN subnet
pointing to their local VPN gateway, which would be the local device with
Tinc installed on it.

Theoretical configuration example.

VPN subnet is 10.10.10.0/24

At a location, one computer 192.168.1.254/24 connects to the VPN and serves
as the VPN gateway.  This gateway needs to be configured for TCP/IP
forwarding.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315236 - windows
http://www.ducea.com/2006/08/01/how-to-enable-ip-forwarding-in-linux/ -
linux

Other computers local to the gateway need a route to the VPN network added
so they know how to get there.

In windows.   route -p add 10.10.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.254
This will add the persistent route that remains after reboot.

Does that answer your question?