Routing issue

Erik Logtenberg erik at logtenberg.eu
Fri Mar 12 19:10:42 CET 2010

Hi,

I just set up tinc between two hosts (for now). All seems to work fine,
but now I run in to a routing issue:

I gave both of my vpn routers an IP in the 172.16.100.0/24 range, and
used the Subnet-directive to inform tinc of this. This works fine, I can
ping both hosts from both sides of the vpn.

Ofcourse both vpn routers give access to other subnets, but they don't
know the IP-ranges (i.e. I didn't supply Subnet-directives for those),
that's also impossible because network topology changes so the other
subnets are dynamic.
Therefore I use ospf (quagga) to dynamically determine
routing-information. This works fine, and it has always worked fine with
other VPN implementations (OpenVPN and CloudVPN). Both routers see
eachothers ospf daemon and exchange routes, no problem. However the
problem is that these routes aren't actually working.

When I try to ping an IP on the other end of the VPN, I get the following:

# ping 192.168.4.1