Installing Tinc on Windows Server

Craig Hillsdon chillsdon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 08:51:27 CEST 2010

This will probably be of little help, but....

I run Tinc on Windows 7 Pro x64.  The Tinc software did indeed install to
"Program Files (x86)" because it is 32 bit software and running "addtap.bat"
from the "tap-win64" folder worked without any issue at all.

It is essentially adding new (virtual) hardware (I think) so maybe it is a
permission issue - are you running the batch file with admin rights?  If it
is Server 2008 then like Win7 you may need to right click on it and "Run as
administrator".  Otherwise maybe the files are corrupt in which case try
downloading Tinc again.

Craig.

Regards
Craig