Help with routing between Windows

Peter Dey tinc at realmtech.net
Fri Sep 25 00:43:18 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 02:32:48PM -0700, Robert Spraggs wrote:
> Thanks for the help, but that did not work either. Is it possible that it is a
> problem with trying to get 2 windows machines to talk to each other.

If you're running WIndows XP SP2 or Vista, be sure to turn off all firewalls
(including Windows Firewall) when testing.

> I can get the 2 machines connected, but it does not seem to pass any data over
> the connection. When I try to run Mozilla, it keeps coming back with the site
> being unavailable and I don't see any traffic over that channel.

"ping" is the tool you want to use to test connectivity.  Browsers introduce
many more areas where it could possibly be falling over.

Email a printout of "route print" to the list.

Cheers,
Peter