Address family not supported

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Sep 14 23:17:56 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 01:25:26PM +0800, WindyWinter wrote:

> I'm sorry but it crashed. reported a "The instruction at '0x77c178c0'
> referenced memory at '0x02ae0000'.The memory could not be read."
> do you mean that you you haven't got a test enviroment? may be i can set up
> one soon. but the node will be in china and may be slow for you to connect,
> especially the windows node.

I managed to get it working. A fix has been committed to the git repository.
The problem is in the build environment as far as I can tell. The new binaries
crashed because they tried to print the return value of random() with the %lx
format string. They were compiled on Linux with the MinGW cross-compiler. The
binaries from the 1.0.9 installer were compiled on Windows itself. I guess
there is a subtle difference in the header files. Using rand() and %x fixed the
problem.

IPv6 is working nicely too. I'll add your changes, and perhaps add a configure
switch to disable IPv6 support so one can compile an executable for Windows
2000.