Problem making connection can anyone help me?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Sep 14 17:52:46 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 02:50:56PM +0000, Kai Boernert wrote:

> Well i currently try to set up tinc between two hosts, one with normal dsl
> connection one behind some kind of unknown firewall (Note since OpenVp is
> able to connect when the normal one is the Server I guess tinc should be
> able, too)

For nodes behind a firewall, you might need to add "TCPOnly = yes" to the host
config files of those nodes.

(NAT handling will be improved in tinc 1.0.10.)

> ------------------------------
> Host behind Firewall config:
> Name = EmpirePhoenix
> Interface = Tinc-Vpn
> Mode = switch
> TunnelServer = yes
> ConnectTo = DarkNoir

The TunnelServer option is an experimental feature, and a lot of bugs in it
have been found (but will be fixed in 1.0.10). But if you have only two hosts,
you do not need this option.