Tincd cannot flush and resets the connection

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Sep 7 13:56:31 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 01:09:40PM +0200, Hans de Groot wrote:

> I tried your settings but it did not help.
>
> I switched back to a direct mysql connection from the master001 to the
> client001 via port forwarding and gues what? I have the same problem
> here. (some times it works sometimes not)
>
> Only there is a difference, only the mysql session gets stuck,. ping and
> other connectivity keeps working. In the tinc setup the whole tinc
> interface/route got reset. (network unreachable)

Ok, that makes sense... my guess is that TCP connections other than to/from
port 80 are being cut off, maybe in an attempt to "enhance" your Internet
experience by throttling peer-to-peer traffic. You could try running tincd on
master001 on a different port, like 21, 22, 23, 25, 53, 80, 443, or any other
very common, non-p2p port that is not in use on that machine.