1 Server, Multiple Client Setup

Andrew Barlow andrew.barlow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:43:55 CET 2009

Hello,

I managed to get a connection from masterserver to client1 up and running
all fine! So, thanks for that!

I also managed to get Client2 on the network, but I had to use IndirectData
to make it work, because its sitting behind the same firewall as
Masterserver. Client1 was trying to send data to 192.168.1.11 (The local IP)
on some random port number, so I guess Masterserver told it the wrong data
(could probably be fixed by setting the host of client2 on the server to use
a certain port and type the external ip manually - but alas).

However, when I knocked masterserver off the network by killing Tinc... it
knocked the other 2 machines off the VPN. Is that because they couldnt see
eachother in the first place because of the reason above? Or does
masterserver have to stay on because the "ConnectTo" setting is set on all
the clients?

Is this normal behavior?

If I had 2 clients on completely diffrent external IP's.. would they still
communicate after they'd authenticated against Masterserver, even if
Masterserver then went offline?

Cheers.

Andy