Compression on Windows

Peter Vazny pvazny at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:36:35 CEST 2009

I have installed tinc on two windows XP machines and successfully set up a
tunnel. Now I am trying to add compression but I cannot find much in
documentation other then "compression" statement in host file. I have set
that to 9, but I do not see any compression on the connection and i see
bunch off errors saying "Error sending packet to <node> (<ip address> port
<port>): No such file or directory". I have used the latest package for
windows. Do I need to add the zlib library? If so - how? I have downloaded
the zlib1.dll and placed it to tinc install folder to no avail. I have
searched with google but cannot find anything about tinc and compression
under windows.

thank you

Peter