Config problems with Tinc 1.0.9 under FC10

Sietze Schukking sietze at privateeryachts.com
Sun Jan 11 23:39:31 CET 2009

Hello All,

Anybody got similar problems with the configuration of tinc 1.0.9 under
FC10?:

- the handling of the names of config files seems incorrect. When
generating key-pairs the file name of the public-key gets extended with
invisible characters. If I put an empty file with the correct name
already there a new file gets created with an '?' appended.
- handling of config files written on windows machines doesnot seem to
be handled correctly. (At least 1.0.8 had this problem with newlines)
Now it might be that this was corrected in 1.0.9, but probably a new
error has popped up as now, although all config files are there and have
the correct names (copied to a different name and then back to its real
name to get rid of gremlins), I get the error message that it cannot
find the config files. One thing however is that the error message does
not contain the full path name of the file as the first 3 characters
look to be overwritten by the error message in front of it.
All config files have been rewritten by me from scratch on the FC10
system in order not to have newlines in them.

Anybody got a clue and/or a fix?

Sorry not have exact output, but the system in question is not hooked up
to email.

Sietze