Connection problems ?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Jan 6 19:12:30 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 07:38:49PM +0200, Graham Smith wrote:

> Trying to connect my Laptop (HSDPA) to MainPC (DSL).  Both running Windows XP.
[...]
> Two sides appear to
> be talking but I cannot perform any "network functions" across this link.
>
> Office Firewall has port 655 open for TCP and UDP.  Laptop has no firewall -
> turned off for tests.

Try adding TCPOnly = yes to the tinc.conf files. If that fixes the problem, it
is a firewall or NAT problem. Note that your DSL and/or 3G provider might do
that outside of your control.

If that doesn't help, check the configuration of the TAP interfaces.

> Attached is log of the MainPC tinc debug

The log was a JPEG screenshot of a cmd.exe window. Next time, please try to
cut&paste the text via the clipboard, or use the --logfile option to get the
log written to a file.