ping between nated hosts

Christian Lyra lyra at pop-pr.rnp.br
Tue Feb 17 15:55:29 CET 2009

Hi,

>  >
>  > I´m using switch mode, and hosts B and C has IndirectMode enabled.
>  > Host A is in listen only mode (no ConnectTo set), hosts B and C
>  > connects to A.  Everything works almost as expected... B and C
>  > connects to A, and they can ping each other, but ONLY after each
>  > other learns the other MAC thru A. What I mean is: if I start A,
>  > B, C, and try to ping C from B, ping will fail, but if I send a
>  > ping to A from C, then B will be able to ping C as it will learn
>  > the MAC of C thru A. If there´s no traffic between the hosts for a
>  > while, then the arp entries will expire from arp tables and the
>  > problem will happen again.
>
>  This is probably caused by NAT or other stateful firewall rules. Try
> adding TCPOnly = yes to your host config files, that should solve the
> problem.

Indeed... this solves the problem but Statefull firewall rules should be
satisfied with a short "PingInterval", shouldnt it? I would like to not
use tcp if possible.

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

If one of my dungeon guards begins expressing concern over the
conditions in the beautiful princess' cell, I will immediately transfer
him to a less people-oriented position.
			The Top Things I'd Do
			If I Ever Became an Evil Overlord