Windows client not honorring the Port directive?

Jeroen Vriesman linuxificator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 09:41:15 CET 2008

I've seen the mangling of packets before in windows based firewalls.

Is does that with protocols like DNS or SMTP, there might be some content
checking in there, somehow some windows firewalls assume that "an extra CR
never hurts" :)   (handy if you want to send the key negotiation directly to
an old matrix printer...)

Anyway, either get a normal firewall or experiment with other port numbers,
maybe port 515 or some other ports don't get the extra CR's.