Signal tinc under Windows

Scott Lamb slamb at slamb.org
Tue Dec 23 19:39:35 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 5:58 AM, Graham Smith (net)
<graham at watchmanager.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am new to tinc and I have read in the docs that one can "signal" tinc with
> various options.  How to achieve this under Windows?

I don't use Windows, but from a glance over tincd.c, there's a
"--kill=[SIGNAL]" argument that emulates this behavior.

Also, the 1.1 branch has a "tincctl" program which is more flexible
than sending signals. I don't know if it works with Windows or not (do
they have Unix-domain sockets?) but if not a Windows developer could
probably make it use the local equivalent easily.

Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>