tinc stable on vista

sich sich at cafe-philo.net
Fri Nov 23 09:33:02 CET 2007

hne at NBCon.de a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I just would like to know if tinc runs stable on a vista box?
>
> I 'm sure that question has been asked before but I did not find it on
> "The tinc Archives".
> So maybe someone has some experience and can give a hint or advice.
>
> Thank you
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ best regards

Tinc work without problem on vista. But you need to run the command :
tincd -n <network name> with administrative right to install the
services...
You can run tincd -n <network name> -D in user mode if you don't need
the services.

Take care with the installation in the default directory (program files)
without admin right... I prefer install tinc in c:\tinc on vista.

If you use vista 64bits you will need to install specific tap drivers,
the tap drivers provide with tinc is only for 32 bits system.

sich