What's wrong in these configurations?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Nov 27 13:44:09 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 12:44:43PM +0100, EleGoS wrote:

> >>It was a IPv6 problem :D
[...]
> >Aha! Can you tell me which errors you saw exactly?
[...]
> C:\Programmi\tinc>tincd -n elenet -d5 -D
> tincd 1.0.5 (Nov 14 2006 14:10:48) starting, debug level 5
> Tap reader running
> {52BDEF92-AD72-49A4-8A05-EDAF024A4DFA} (elenet) is a Windows tap device
> Listening on 0.0.0.0 port 655
> Ready

I guess this is with AddressFamily = ipv4 already. I'd like to see the
logs without AddressFamily = ipv4.

> Read packet of 156 bytes from Windows tap device
> Cannot route packet from elegos (MYSELF): unknown IPv6 destination
> address ff02:0:0:0:0:1:ffbd:ef92

This is Windows sending packets to all kinds of multicast addresses. You
can ignore it.

> Read packet of 78 bytes from Windows tap device
> Got too short packet from elegos (MYSELF)

That is perhaps a bug in Windows' IPv6 implementation.

> Cannot route packet from elegos (MYSELF): unknown IPv4 destination
> address 224.0.0.22
[...]
> Cannot route packet from elegos (MYSELF): unknown IPv4 destination
> address 239.255.255.250
[...]
> Cannot route packet from elegos (MYSELF): unknown IPv4 destination
> address 11.11.255.255

... etcetera. This is Windows again, trying to send packets to broadcast
and multicast addresses. You can ignore these errors.