[Announcement] Version 1.0.5 released

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Thu Nov 16 10:58:27 CET 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:43:11AM +0100, Arjen Geerse wrote:

> I have one question though, I tried mode = switch and clients could not ping
> each other? In router mode they could, so configs should be ok.
>
> Is this normal, or should pinging be possible?

If the only thing you changed is the Mode, then it probably won't work.
Switch mode is not a drop-in replacement for router mode.

If you send me your current configuration (tinc.conf, tinc-up and
hosts/*), and describe exactly what you want to achieve, I can have a
look at it and tell you what's wrong. You can send this privately of
course.