Tinc for gaming

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Nov 12 23:31:12 CET 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 03:51:35PM +0100, Arjen Geerse wrote:

> adapter. This turned out to be caused by my network card not being
> promiscuous :P
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q302348&ID=KB;EN-US;Q302348&
>
> Now i can succesfully bridge the cards. However once I add the tap adapter
> to the bridge, i cannot ping my VPN ip. If I leave it out of the bridge i
> can. Is this normal?

That depends. Maybe the bridge interface is configured different than
the tap interface? Once bridged, the tap interface becomes a slave to
the bridge interface, and all settings (address, netmask, etc) are
inherited from the bridge interface, as far as I know.

> In tinc.conf I use mode=switch, in some older documentation is saw
> mode=bridge exists as well, is there any difference? And should my peers use
> mode = switch as well?

There is no bridge mode, I think I wrote that by accident, and I
probably meant to say switch mode. Everyone in the VPN should use the
same mode.