tinc with Windows XP Service Pack 2

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Thu Oct 7 09:37:40 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 05:18:16PM +0100, Jan Kuiper wrote:

> No adapter materializes under Windows XP Service Pack 2 !
> Latest OpenVPN drives install, but tinc can not handle this and does not
> work.
> One would assume that tinc has this problem solved by now ?
> Any updates yet ?

There is a fix in the Subversion repository. Since it appears to be
problematic for people to compile tinc under Windows, so I put a binary
on the website that should work under XP2 with the latest TAP-Win32
driver from the OpenVPN installer. It works for me, but your mileage may
vary. Please test it!

http://www.tinc-vpn.org/temp/tincd-1.0-cvs.exe

If you didn't remove the old TAP-Win32 driver before upgrading, it could
still be lingering somewhere invisibly, and tinc might still try to use
that driver. Try changing the name of the VPN interface if that happens.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>