Compiling tinc in windows?

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Tue Oct 5 21:41:35 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 08:59:04AM -0500, Jon Howard wrote:

> I can't seem to find out how to compile tinc under windows.  The main
> problem comes into play because I have no make file for windows.  If
> there is a "configure" program or batch file that I can use, please let
> me know.  I have looked through all the documentation available to me.
> The reason I am trying to recompile tinc is to be able to use the new
> tap driver so that my XP/SP2 machines will work.

If you downloaded the .tar.gz file, there should be a configure program
that you can run directly. If you got the latest version from
subversion, you need to have autotools installed in MingW, and generate
all the missing files (including configure) with the following command:

autoreconf -f -i

If the latter doesn't work, get the tarball and just copy the mingw/
directory from Subversion. If that still doesn't work, let me know.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>