[Announcement] Version 1.0.3 released

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Fri Nov 12 03:49:00 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Guus Sliepen wrote:

> With pleasure we announce the release of version 1.0.3.

Ok, here's a weird one for ya.  Remember the system that was giving me lots
of late/replayed packet msgs?  It ("titan") is part of a multi-node vpn
running in switch mode.  I upgraded it this morning from the subversion code
from 2 days ago to 1.0.3.  No problems after that.  Then I upgraded a second
host ("holden") from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3.  Suddenly those two hosts can't talk to
each other through the vpn. ARPs from one to the other just sit incomplete.
Sending tincd a SIGUSR2 shows that they do have a tinc-to-tinc connection
established between them in both directions.  They can both talk to a 3rd
host that is running an older version (not sure which ver, but its 1.0.2 or
less).

In troubleshooting, I've discovered that if either titan or holden is
running 1.0.3 and the other is running 1.0.2, or if both are running 1.0.2,
then they can talk to each other.  But if both are running 1.0.3, they can't
talk to each other.  I'm not sure what info may help since it has all worked
fine until now.

For now, I've reverted holden back to 1.0.2 (and left titan at 1.0.3 because
I've been enjoying a clean syslog log) so that things will work.

> This version of tinc is compatible with 1.0pre8, 1.0 and later,
> but not with earlier version of tinc.

and possibly not with itself :-)

Thanks again for all your work on tinc

Jason