stand-alone dials in to office via isdn

Reil reil at gemeinde-berg.de
Tue May 25 15:10:37 CEST 2004

Hello Guus,

> > Now i want to have a vpn between "single" and "gw".
> >
> > I don't understand, how "single" is able to dial in to "gw" with
the
> > new TAP-Win32 interface called "vpn".
> >
> > Does it use the existing dial in (isdn)? Where do i tell tinc to
use
> > it?
>
> On "single", you add ConnectTo = gw to tinc.conf, and you have a
file
> hosts/gw, which contains the Address of gw you wish to connect to.
> That address should be 192.168.2.245. That's enough for windows to
use
> the ISDN card.

thank you very much for your reply. I made little progress, but i
still don't know how to configure this connection. I think the more
simple part of the configuration is done on "gw", which is a linux
box. To be sure, that this side of the vpn is set up correctly, would
you please be so kind and have a look at my configuration files ...

/etc/tinc/vpn/tinc.conf:
=================
Name = gw
AddressFamily = ipv4
Device = /dev/tun
Hostnames = no
Mode = router
PrivateKeyFile=/etc/tinc/vpn/rsa_key.priv

/etc/tinc/vpn/hosts/gw:
=================
Address = 192.168.2.245       #  This is the ppp-address.
Subnet = 192.168.2.0/24        #  I'm not sure, if this is correct.
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

/etc/tinc/vpn/hosts/single:
===================
Address = 192.168.2.250
Subnet = 						# I don't know, what value to add here :-(
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

/etc/tinc/vpn/tinc-up:
ifconfig $INTERFACE 192.168.2.245 netmask 255.255.0.0

I hope, you can help me ...

Greetings,

Alexander

--