tincd.exe -K (sorry if present twice)

Axel Christiansen axel at zedx.org
Mon May 3 22:32:36 CEST 2004

Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 01:19:15AM +0200, Axel Christiansen wrote:
>

>>can one specify the priv/pub key filepath without
>>the -c switch. I need some more controll over where
>>the keys get stored. tincd.exe, without the -n switch
>>stores it's keys in a static path. Relativ pathes
>>would help.
>

> You can use the PrivateKeyFile and PublicKeyFile options in the
> configuration files to specify the location of the keys. Relative paths
> are not supported.

A dummi network (-c dummi) could fix my need. Thank you.
I am using the tincd with a dynamic config. Whenever a
connection comes up, pub keys and ip-config is exchanged
bevore the final tincd config files are written. Therefore
i want the key pair in a temporal area.

BTW. Can you or anyone else see a proplam in the fact, that the
public part of the key of both sides travel in clear text
over the net? I use RPC to exchange the pub keys and ip config.

Greetings, Axel