funny problem with one node

Andreas Krause a.krause at pkp.co.at
Fri Mar 12 10:42:37 CET 2004

Hi,
got a very funny problem with one tinc connection:

I have a network with 4 different nodes - all run the same tinc version
and configuration. We have 192.168.0. - 192.168.3. as networks.

At three nodes, everything runs like a charm (windows, tcp, etc)

At the fourth node (192.168.3.1), the following happens:

I can
-ping any other IP address in the super-net,
-ssh any other host
-telnet any other host
-ftp any other host

I cannot
-find any machine in the windows network
-links http://192.168.0.4
-any other

I can see a lot of packets transmitted between both nodes, but nothing
happens.

>From 192.168.2.1, everything is fine and working, so it cannot be
anything at 192.168.0

I cannot be anything with the router and firewall so far, because
accesssing any service in the internet works well.

Hope I can get some good hints to track down this funny behaviour.

thx

andy

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/