WinXP won't start Tinc after shutdown

Scott Brown brown at scottbrown.us
Thu Dec 16 03:40:02 CET 2004

Hello,
  I wanted to figure this out myself, but sadly I can't.
  I started Tinc under XP/SP1, it worked great. I wanted to make a change
in the config, so I went to the services control and stopped Tinc. Now when
I go to start it I get this error:
No Windows tap device found!.

  Yet, I see a tap device in 'Device Manager' and in 'My Network Places'.

  It works fine under Linux (other than not binding to the port I want,
small problem. I will fix that). It is just Windows that is being a pain.

  Could someone be kind on a VPN/Tinc under Windows neophyte?

Thanks,
Scott Brown