Connected, but what now?

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Thu Aug 26 15:46:14 CEST 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 03:22, you wrote:
> > No, you are not asking too much; that is what the VPN is for.

Great, that's a relief!

> > You included lots of screenshots on that URL, but you omitted most of
> > the actual config files.  We need to see the conf file of both
> > machines, the hosts files of both machines (and confirmation that they
> > are both the same on both ends) and any tinc-up scripts you have.

That's all done and uploaded to:-
http://www.littlefield.info/tinc/

> > It looks like it might be a subnetting/routing issue, but I can't tell
> > without seeing your config files, etc.

Good... sounds promising then!

Basically, we want to be able to have Gavin get email from the same machine where the Tinc daemon is running, AND browse some files through a Samba share on the local network.

Fingers crossed, and thanks for everything so far!

Regards

PAULLY