Problems when outgoing source port is altered by router

yeahh at gmx.ch yeahh at gmx.ch
Mon Sep 22 23:23:02 CEST 2003

thanks guus for your fast reply!

> Use another ADSL router :). But if you don't want to do that, you could
> run "ping -q -i 60 <VPN IP address of server behind zyxel>" on the two

yes I know this router is crap. I would replace it if I could, but I cannot
replace every router I dont like in this world :) your ping solution is okay
regarding the mentioned server problems.

although the XP clients will travel around and connect from various
networks.. eg. customer sites, wireless access points and so on. for example today I
was at a customer, and there was the same story. customers private network, a
(unknown) router to the internet and again the source port was altered while
travelling to our tinc server (one of the 2 servers that work fine).
If every second router will prevent tinc from connecting home then this will
unfortunately render the application useless for us :(

is this source port check in tinc really necessary? is there no other way
around this?

greez, flx ;)

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/