Tinc for WIndows

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Mon Sep 15 23:45:52 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 01:31:33AM +0400, Alex Bee wrote:

> I have running tinc on my several linux boxes and now I am trying to
> install tinc on my WinXP box.  I can't understand what kind of VPN
> interface I should install - CIPE or TAP which included into the
> windows tinc package ?

You can use either one.

> Another question is about variable "Interface =" in the tinc.conf
> file. What name should I use ?

When you open the "Network and Dial-up connections" control panel, you
can see (and change) the name of the CIPE or TAP interface. The
value of the Interface variable should be the same as the name you see
in the control panel. See also:

http://tinc.nl.linux.org/examples/windows-install

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>