Trivial setup question

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Sun Sep 14 21:14:57 CEST 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 06:03:56PM -0000, Charles Burnett wrote:

> Both systems will normally be on different networks, of course, which are
> firewalled and masqueraded. I've set them both up for TCPOnly, and I can get
> them connected (Laptop -> Home). They can ping one another and communicate
> (192.168.1.1 <-> 192.168.1.2) with no problems, however, the Laptop machine
> cannot see the rest of the Home network. i.e., from the laptop, I want to be
> able to connect to 192.168.0.5, which is another machine on the Home network.

Did you run tinc in router (the default) or switch mode? In the latter
mode you have create a bridge interface and make the TINC and LAN
interfaces slaves of the bridge interface. In router mode you need to do
proxy-arp on the Home network for the laptop.

If you do not want to bridge or proxy-arp, you should give the laptop
its own subnet outside of the subnet of the Home network.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>