Network Config-DNS

RHONNEIL S. ESTACIO rhonneil at alsterph.com
Mon Sep 8 12:01:00 CEST 2003

Hi to all!

Someone pls help me on this one. I configured my Primary bind server and serve also as my gateway pc for my LAN. My server have 2 LAN card: my eth0 203.87.x.60 and eth1 192.168.0.3. Iam using linksys router and serve as my gateway for my net pc.

Here's the diagram:

NET -----------linksysrouter (203.87.x.57)----------LinuxGateway (eth0 203.87.x.60)
                                                                          l-------------(eth1 192.168.0.3)--------------------LAN

My question is this, in my server's named.conf file, should I also indicate my local ip?

Here's my server config files:

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1    localhosts.localdomain
192.168.0.3    gw.alsterph.com

/etc/sysconfig/networking
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=gw.alsterph.com
GATEWAY=203.87.x.57
GATEWAYDEV=eth0

My client config:
GATEWAY=192.168.0.3
DNS=192.168.0.3

I can already resolve from my server and can ping external address, however, problem in resolving names on my client pc. How can I fix this?

TIA

rhonneil