exact insecurity of --bypass-security ?

Brian Costello bc at preventsys.com
Wed Sep 3 01:08:13 CEST 2003

Christoph:

Sorry to post again so quickly, but it looks FOR SURE like your problem
is the version mismatch.  Look at this:

>From http://tinc.nl.linux.org/documentation/tinc_6.html#SEC67

"A new scheme for authentication in tinc has been devised, which offers
some improvements over the protocol used in 1.0pre2 and 1.0pre3.
Explanation is below"

So it's time for an upgrade, I think, considering the source code that
appears to go with your error message appears to be directly related to
this authentication code.

tinc is really great, so you should stick with it!  It took me a little
while to get switch mode working, but it ended up working very nicely,
and was so much easier than getting FreeSWAN and KAME working together.

If you upgrade but still have problems with tincd, post back to this
list and I'll try to help.

bc