newbie problems

Jeff Pyle kg8iu at qsl.net
Wed Nov 26 19:31:06 CET 2003

The survey says...

open("/usr/local/var/run/tinc.ugnd.pid", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)
open("/usr/local/var/run/tinc.ugnd.pid", O_RDWR|O_CREAT, 0644) = -1
ENOENT (No such file or directory)
exit_group(1)

On compile time, it sets the prefix to /usr/local I'm learning.  There
was no /usr/local/var/run (as indicated by the error), so it barfed with
exit(1).  I created it, and I certainly get a lot farther now.  I think
I can take from here!

Thanks for your help.

- Jeff