Security Aspects of Tinc.

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu
Tue Nov 25 21:36:20 CET 2003

I need to compare some basic security properties for different VPN
solutions. I have listed a few that I could think of below. If you have
opinions about additional one, I will appreciate if you can list them
here.

Does Tinc Support the following (I have marked the ans's that I
think I know):

1. Confidentiality: Yes (Packets are encrypted)
2. Data-integrity: Yes (using digest: SHA1)
3. Authentication/Non-Repudiation (Both at the session and data-packet
level): Yes
4. Anti-Replay protection: ??
5. Forward Secrecy: ??
6. Does it have a user Space Impl: ??