adding a windows machine into an existing VPN.

mutombo mutombomania at gmx.de
Sun Nov 2 16:48:57 CET 2003

hi mailinglist.

i have a little problem again.
i already have an tinc setup working with bridging ethernet segments.
now i want to add an windows machine directly into this vpn.

thats my linuxmachine:

tinc.conf:
Name = mutombo
Device = /dev/net/tun
Mode = switch

my network behind the router is 192.168.2.0 and i use a subnetmask of
255.255.0.0

mutombo:
address = mydydns.org
PGPKEY

on windows i did:
tinc.conf:
Name = da6th
ConnectTo = mutombo
Interface = VPN

da6th:
address = dyndns.org
PGPKEY

i create a VPNdevice and named it VPN, with ip 192.168.2.101 and subnet
255.255.0.0.

when i start tinc on windows it complained about missing tinc-up or
mutombo-up files.(hope they dont needed and only for llinux ??)
the both tinc connects together, but there dont happen anything. when i
start a ping from the windowsbox its seems not to pass the VPNdevice.(no
packages are shown.)

I already tried to add mode = switch to the windowsconfig, but i doesnt help.

i dont know what im doing wrong.

greetings

ch. michallek

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/