Old connection_t for .... messages

Menno Smits menno at netbox.biz
Wed Mar 19 02:03:07 CET 2003

Hi,

One one server running tinc we're seeing a lot of syslog messages like
the following:

Old connection_t for XXXXX (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 655) status 0014 still lingering, deleting...

The last time these messages appeared, they referred to 2 of the 3
remote ends that this server is connected to. They appear regularly,
once every minute. The VPN still works fine, but I have to restart
tinc to make the messages stop. There are no unusual messages from
tinc reported at the other sites about the site showing these
messages.

The server is running tinc 1.0-pre8, Linux 2.4.20. The VPN link is
quite busy, receiving 35-50kB/s and transmitting 6-7kB/s continuously.

Should I be worried about these messages at all? Seems like a minor bug
is causing this.

--
Menno Smits
Senior Development Engineer