Getting at a machine behind a ISDN router

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Sun Oct 13 11:19:18 CEST 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 11:43:49PM +0100, Carlos Sousa wrote:

> Pinging the client machine (10.0.2.1) from the server machine (10.0.1.1)
> and running iptraf on the server shows traffic between the 2 machines,
> both ways, but the packets are still lost. I smell a routing problem
> concerning the echo-reply packets that are arriving at server, but I can't
> see where.

Could you show us the full "route -n" and "ifconfig -a" output and
tinc.conf for both vbc and miragaia? Also, the output of "iptables -L -v
-x -n" if there's a firewall on either host.

> So the 2 tincs are connecting, and there are no more log entries even though
> my ping attempts fail. I'm running tinc with -d 10.

Try -d10 (without a space between 'd' and '10').

> There is something I find suspicious here: tinc says it's listening on
> 0.0.0.0 is this right? shouldn't it be listening on 10.0.1.1?

No. It tells you on which address it listens for connections from other
tinc daemons, not on which address(es) for VPN packets.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>