Solaris tun0 problem

Tim Evans tim.evans at aepona.com
Thu Oct 10 14:52:31 CEST 2002

On 10 Oct, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:50:30AM +0100, Tim Evans wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to set up tinc on a Solaris 8 machine, but am having some
>> problems setting the MAC addres on the tun0 interface to fe:fd:0:0:0:0
>
> The documentation of tinc is still somewhat Linux-oriented. The Solaris
> tun interface has no MAC address so you can't (and don't need to) set
> it. You can also omit "ifconfig -arp".

Guss,

Thanks for your reply. tincd seems to be running fine on Solaris for me
then - I've already left out the "ifconfig -arp" (although I have yet to
try to establish the VPN)

I'm running Solaris in 64bit mode.....

Regards,

Tim
* Dr. Tim Evans                 Email: tim.evans at aepona.com *
* IT Manager                                                *
* Aepona Ltd. Interpoint Building,Phone: +44 (0)2890 269177 *
* 20-24 York Street, Belfast      Fax:   +44 (0)2890 269111 *
* BT15 1AQ N.Ireland                                        *

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/