Connection established, but no data transfer...

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Sat Jan 19 18:38:23 CET 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 11:26:47AM -0700, Gerard W. Patterson wrote:

> I am attempting to get tinc running between two machines and would
> appreciate any guidance one could lend.  I have read through all of the
> documentation and feel that I am close but missing something silly.
[...]
> So my question is what is the: "Cannot route packet: unknown type ffbf"
> error message about?

It means it got a packet from the ethertap device which doesn't have
ipv4, ipv6 or arp for its Ethernet type. This means either tinc thinks
it's an ethertap device while in fact it's another kind of device, or
something is wrong in device.c from CVS. I'll check that out and mail
you if I fixed it or if there's another problem.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>