Bugs in 1.0pre5

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Mon Feb 25 16:07:06 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 04:00:03PM +0100, MAYER wrote:

> I set up a tinc vpn network with tinc 1.0pre5 on Mandrake 8.1
>
> Please take note of the following troubles i noticed
>
> 1) In the config files, the name of the variables are case sensitive

We know, it's fixed in CVS.

> 2) the BindToInterface seems to be faulty. I removed the line, now
> everything work, except the security aspect..

We never really tested this, but I'll look into it when I have some
time.

> 3) I HAD to add a Subnet=<full address of the local tinc device> in
> the hosts file, or i get a message : cannot route packet to < address
> of the distant tinc device (set up in tinc-up with ifconfig)> on the
> other side.

I don't know if this is a bug in tinc, could you send me your tinc.conf,
host config files and tinc-up scripts so I can see exactly what's going
on?

> Thanks for all this good work anyway, congratulations too !

Thanks :)

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>