lose connection with traffic from connector to connectee

ebina1 ebina1 at insightbb.com
Wed Feb 20 15:15:10 CET 2002

Guus Sliepen wrote:

>The UDP packets come from the right IP address but from another port
>(517) instead of from port 655. Is there a masquerading gateway between
>A and B perhaps? If so, you might need to add "TCPOnly = yes" to hosts/A
>on B.

There is a linksys firewall box and cable modem between A and B,
but this doesn't seem to explain why initiating traffic from B to A
makes traffic from A to B work.  Also, if the ConnectTo is removed from
A's .conf file and added to B's .conf file then A to B always works
which I assume would not be the case if the fault was the linksys firewall.

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/