hung while trying to contact host

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Tue Feb 19 09:20:11 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 04:57:49PM -0600, ebina1 wrote:

> During any and all of those three minute periods when B is trying
> to connect to C, all communication between A and B stops.  After the
> connect fails and B waits packets flow between A and B again until
> the next time B tries to contact C and they stop again.
>
> This makes the setup very hard to use when C is down.
> Is this "correct" behavior or a bug?

It's a bug. The connect() system call is blocking, thereby stopping tinc
from doing anything until either the connection to C is established or a
long timeout is reached.

It's just fixed in the CVS version. I guess we'll try to get out a new
release ASAP because more people have encountered this bug.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>