3 tincds, one down, pinging down machine from others loses connection

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Mon Feb 4 09:59:50 CET 2002

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 03:52:40PM -0600, ebina1 wrote:

> When all three machines are up, everything works fine.
> If B goes down, everything is still fine.  tincd with debug
> shows periodic attempts for A to contact B, but A and C still
> talk.  If from A you attempt to ping B (while it is down)
> A stops talking to C.  No error messages in the log, and A
> still periodically tries to contact B, but it acts like C
> just isn't there.

Can you tell me which version of tinc and the kernel you are using on
each machine, and provide me with the full tinc.conf and other config
files (except for the public/private keys of course).

Also, if this happens, send a USR1 and USR2 signal to the tinc daemon
that is not responding and cut&paste the resulting messages in the
syslog.

I'd also like to know if the tinc daemon is using 100% CPU at the time
it's hanging or not.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>